ENABLE helps struggling readers to:
- Build their self-esteem and self-belief in becoming a reader
- Discover the habit of reading of quality books
- Learn context and prediction by questioning, discussing and re-telling the stories
- Extend their sight vocabulary of high frequency words
- Grow their vocabulary of high frequency words that can be written independently
- Recognise by sight and say the sounds of all letters of the alphabet
- Hear the sound of and write the correct letter symbol for all the letters of the alphabet
- Read and write three/four letter phonetically regular words
- Read and write some common digraphs
- Compose and write simple sentences containing high frequency words and three/four letter phonetically regular words
Enable focuses on small groups of 3-4 pupils who are all at a similar level of literacy development.
Each week the group will receive:
- Two 30-minute support sessions
- A 10-minute individual support session
Your pupils will benefit from Enable’s focus on learning in small groups, away from the pressures of the larger class. The teaching assistants will be able to see their efforts reaping real results, as they spend time using this proven literacy booster programme.
How Enable works
Enable uses explicit systematic instruction, based on scripted lesson plans. A key feature of Direct Instruction is the process of MODEL – LEAD – TEST – REVIEW. The lessons are delivered with pace and with efficient and systematic instruction so that pupils gain mastery of basic skills as soon as possible.
Your teaching assistants are too important to waste, so why not release their full potential and help them to seriously support children with reading difficulties. You’ll be able to transform not only the children’s school lives, but also your school’s overall performance!
If you would like us to invoice you for this product, email us at email@example.com with your school details and your purchase order number (if required).