Positive Mental Health Series:
Meeting the Mental Health Needs of Learners 11-18 Years
- Factors that put young people at risk
- Identifying and supporting young people with anxiety and depression
- Identifying and supporting young people with conduct disorders
- Identifying and supporting young people who self-harm
- Identifying and supporting specific at-risk groups of young people
- Supporting the needs of young people who identify as LGBTQ+
- Identifying and supporting young people who experience bullying
- Supporting mental health needs through working in partnership
Jonathan Glazzard is Professor of Teacher Education at Leeds Beckett University. He is the professor attached to the Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools. He teaches across a range of QTS and non-QTS programmes and he is an experienced teacher educator.
Kate Bancroft is a lecturer and course leader for BA (Hons) Childhood Studies at Leeds Beckett University. Her background is in secondary school Physical Education teaching. Across her 7-year career as a teacher she was also a pastoral leader, head of department, head of faculty and an assistant headteacher and worked in four different secondary schools across Leeds, Halifax and Bradford. She joined the Carnegie School of Education as a lecturer in September 2017.