The central theme of the course is to give students the skills to ask more and searching questions. …it’s the questioning skills, not of the teacher but of the student that really count in developing their cognitive abilities and engagement.
Their questions dominate the learning agenda and the ownership of learning follows.
At the end of the course teachers will have the skills and practical strategies to:
- Facilitate more and more sophisticated student questioning
- Support children in using concepts to organise their thinking
- Manage dialogue and discussion to develop children’s ideas
- Plan lessons and study programmes that promotes questioning dialogue
- Create communities of inquiry in their classroom
In the pack are:
- Six half hour videos on DVD
- Supporting guides for each video, written by programme users in schools
- A CD of supporting articles and materials to stimulate professional development and curriculum design