The toolkit includes a series of formats which allow for easy recording of insightful ‘judgements’ about the observed teacher/s’ performance. The system is based on what teachers can do rather than what they can’t do and is therefore very unthreatening. However, it makes very clear how far they have to travel to reach the next standard level. The Toolkit includes:
- Teaching quality standards for all Key Stages including the Foundation Stage
- Formats for teacher self evaluation
- Formats to enable pupils to evaluate their own learning
- A framework to support student/pupil support work scrutiny Materials to support the development of a whole school policy for teaching and learning
- A manual to guide the lesson observer
- A pen drive/USB with all the pages so that they can be easily photocopied and a Powerpoint explaining how WIGT should be used
WIGT will ensure that the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) are confident to make judgements on the quality of teaching and learning. It will enable paired observations to moderate judgements, ensuring the school achieves the consistency that Ofsted expects, leading to sustained and embedded good practice.